Leather shoe care is imperative, if you look after them they’ll take care of you. The leather is a natural product that absorbs water, is quickly discoloured and marked, if not protect.
On a daily basis, our shoes take a hell of a beating. The extremes of weather and miles of walking combine to stretch, pull, bash, scrap and test the quality of your shoes to their limits. Applying shoe care can not only protect your shoes but ultimately, extend their life.
To help you go about your shoe care in the best way we’ve put together the following five handy tips:
1. Remove dirt and debris with a soft cloth or brush.
2. Remove the laces from your shoes to prevent getting water or polish on them
3. Rub away scuffs with some water and saddle soap with a soft cloth but be very careful not to get the leather too wet. Alternatively, you can also use a commercial leather shoe cleaner (available at most shoe retailers).
4. Polish your shoes at least once a month or whenever needed (cream polish is best for maintaining leather). Before you begin, lay newspaper over your workspace for easy clean up. First, test the polish on an inconspicuous area to make sure it does not cause discolouration. Then use a clean, soft cloth to apply the polish in a circular motion across the entire shoe. Be careful around stitching that may be a different colour. When finished, take another clean, soft cloth and remove the polish in a circular motion.
5. Buff your shoes after they’ve dried by, again, using a soft, cloth (or a very soft bristle brush) in circular motions. To shine them, put a few drops of water on the cloth before you buff.
No excuses gentlemen, you can now put your best foot forward. Stride ahead with pride in your well-polished shoes that will now last longer saving you money.
TredFlex Shoes are premium shoes built for comfort and style. The shoes are designed in the UK and made with the finest quality soft leathers and natural rubber soles. The expertise of skilled shoe makers and the most advanced technologies available in the footwear industry is combined to produce a comfortable shoe with style and durability.